THE DEPARTMENT of INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS offers a limited number of internships to students of politics and international relations, and social sciences, which can be undertaken during the academic semester. Through our internships, we aim to provide students with the best possible insights into the scientific work and research as well as academic life. The specific arrangement of each internship will be primarily determined by the department’s current workload and the student’s respective qualifications and interests. Our internships are 20 weeks long and free of charge. Unfortunately, the department cannot offer any financial remuneration to interns. Our interns are expected to finance their internships themselves and to also arrange their own accommodation in Istanbul for the duration of their internships.
The internship is in the autumn semester 2019/2020 starting from November and the minimum duration of the internship is 2 months and may be prolonged.
- enrolled at a university during the internship (BA, MA/MS or Ph.D.)
- interest in the social, political, and economic issues and world politics in general
- good level of English
- good computer skills (e.g. word processing and production of tables)
- research and analysis (under the guidance of a department scholar)
- assisting with the preparation of workshops, conferences, and meetings
- carrying out preliminary work for research projects and our Research Programs
- contributing to scientific articles (e.g. Rising Powers Quarterly)
- translating texts
Written applications must be submitted in English and should include:
- An informal covering letter detailing your motivation for wanting to undertake an internship at the department.
- A CV
- Any additional documents which will support your application (references, certificates, etc.).
Please send your application to [email protected]