The Social Impact Analyst will work alongside the investment team to provide research and social impact analysis from X23 projects.
The Social Impact Analyst will have responsibility for both internal social performance measurement systems and external representation, specifically:
- review and update X23's social impact measurement policies and procedures across all investment operations to ensure a consistent conceptual framework and methodology is in place taking into account latest developments in the field.
- Review, upgrade and keep up-to-date X23’s information systems for the collection and analysis of social performance data across all projects operations, including reviewing the possible use of an off-the-shelf management information system
- Work alongside the management team to analyse and evaluate investment opportunities for our high growth programme considering the potential for social impact, eligibility and social impact risks.
- Lead on annual report writing and support drafting of presentations, funding proposals and reports.
- Carry out market research on specific social areas of interest to X23.
- Explore the opportunity to develop consulting services or an impact assessment product targeted at social enterprises.
General Responsibilities of all employees
- Be committed to the social objectives and values of X23 and related initiatives To adhere to and implement X23’s Equal Opportunities and other
- To adhere to and implement X23’s Health & Safety policy and procedure.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with database development and data analysis, and a clear understanding of the importance of data quality and management and its importance to analysis and assessment
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to synthesize and summarize quantitative and qualitative data in a structured and consistent way Positive, flexible and able to adapt to different situations with ease – from working with grass roots social enterprises to representing X23 in meetings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with excellent influencing and inter-personal skills
- Ambition and resilience to join a small but growing team in a high profile, entrepreneurial company in a new but rapidly expanding sector
- Proven interest or knowledge of social enterprise and social investment
- Committed to the social objectives and values of X23
- Familiarity with different impact assessment methodologies and latest developments in the impact measurement field as it relates to social investment.
- First-hand experience of social enterprise or non-profit organisation