We're an organization from Zagreb, Croatia that helps refugees in their integration and inclusion in society in various aspects: informal education, employment, organizing events and meetings with local society, etc. One of our programs is called Get together and it's a mentoring program for refugee youth and young asylum seekers (18-30). The aim of this program is to connect refugees with local people from local society who become their mentors and help them deal with everyday problems and to fulfill their potential. Some of the activities we carry out are education for future mentors, connecting mentoring pairs, support and supervision during the mentoring process.
The intern will be involved in all the above-mentioned activities through his/her work. We're looking for the person who has their interest in working with marginalized groups like ours and in mentorship as such. The responsibilities will include:
- improving the mentoring scheme together with our staff
- carrying out the mentorship workshops for local people (in the English language) according to the already developed model
- carrying out additional workshops for mentors to boost their mentoring skills
- helping in the process of connecting pairs of mentors and mentees
- helping us in supervising mentoring pairs