We are looking for a software developer to build software applications that improve the productivity and usability of our hardware products. The work will involve full-stack development including the front-end UI/UX design, back-end architecture, database communication, user authentication, data encryption, graphics manipulation, post-processing scripts, testing, and iterating. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Full-stack web app development using React for cross-platform compatibility (Android, iOS, web, etc.).
- Authenticating and communicating with a Raspberry Pi and remote database to send and receive data in real-time.
- Developing custom plugins/scripts with Python for generating 3D graphics and processing lines of machine commands.
- Programming a touch screen graphical user interface for the Raspberry Pi with Python using GTK framework.
- Testing, debugging, and iterating the software.
- Experience with programming languages and best practices.
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing back-end architecture for web applications.
- Experience designing front-end UI/UX for web applications.
- Experience with database communication.
- Experience writing Python plugins/scripts for unique software functionalities.
- Unique internship experience in the heart of Krakow, Poland.
- Hands-on work developing an interesting and innovative product.
- Work independently on a variety of tasks in a startup environment.
- Semi-flexible work hours with an accessible facility location.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a cover letter explaining why they are excited about this internship opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for Software Developer Internship role at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are happy to consider motivated university students studying computer/software engineering, computer science, or other related fields.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is an advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are developing a compact, affordable, and intuitive foundry system for making cast metal parts with the dimensional and material properties of industrial castings.
Our MetalMaker System will allow engineers, professionals, and small businesses to produce prototypes and production runs of cast metal parts. By integrating metal casting with 3D printing, we are able to provide an agile process workflow that will disrupt the metal casting and additive manufacturing industries.