Parpalandia is a small, family-owned company in Finnish Lapland. We run our own husky safaris, northern lights tours, nature tours, and also provide accommodation in 2 nature cottages.
We are looking for a guide trainee. If you are friendly, talkative, like dogs, and looking for new adventures, this internship is for you! You can learn about guiding, customer service, handling groups, taking care of husky dogs, northern lights hunting, or snowmobile driving. The internship can be also combined with easy administrative work, e.g. posting on social media or answering customers' questions under supervision.
The lenght of the internship is between 3-6 months and starting time is between November - beginning of December.
Our requirements are:
- Fluent in English and Spanish or French, both spoken and written;
- Any other languages are a plus;
- Good communication skills;
- Liking dogs, and being afraid of big dogs. Our huskies are friendly, but they are big and strong;
- Driving license and at least some experience with winter driving;
- Any previous experience with dogs, guiding, customer service is an advantage.
- Assisting the guides, preparing, cleaning/disinfecting the equipment, making fire and preparing food for customers, etc.
- Participating in the tours as a helper guide;
- Communication with customers;
- Helping to take care of the dogs - cleaning, feeding;
- Work in one of the most desired winter destinations in Europe - Rovaniemi;
- Work in a family environment;
- Professional experience;
- Flexible working hours;
- Free accommodation at Parpalandia;
Note: Due to the corona situation, at the moment we accept only students who are eligible for the Erasmus scholarship and are allowed to travel to Finland.
If you are interested, send us a CV here or to [email protected]