We are a new startup in Sicily, and our goal is to create a unique platform, combining organic farming with one of a kind villa rentals. Luxury will meet fair trade and environmental friendliness. The renovation has already started and we are searching for an Agronomist/Agricultural Engineer intern to join our team.
We are looking for a young talent who wants to show the skills and knowledge acquired at University and bring them into the real world. You will assist the company in agricultural matters such as soil analysis, garden architecture, revenue forecast from potential crops or research on possible funds for young farmers and startups. In addition, you will assist us with administrative tasks for setting up the startup. This internship is for 3-6 months, and its entirety is in English, but we are specifically looking for interns that speak Italian fluently.
- Italian as a mother tongue
- Clear and effective communication skills in English (at least B2)
- Great social and communication skills
- Independent and organised worker
- Sense of achievement and personal improvement
- Eager to put the acquired knowledge into practice
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, and proactive
- Having the “startup spirit”
- Problem solver and quick-learner
- Good research and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural sciences / agricultural engineering (master’s degree is considered a plus)
- Familiarity with agricultural products of the south of Italy, including herbs, plants and trees.
- Soil analysis of the properties and finding the best possible crops for each piece of land
- Assist in research on possible funds for young farmers and startups
- Acquiring comprehensive knowledge of the surrounding area of the properties to optimise the usage of land
- Help to forecast the future value of the lang as well as the revenue of potential crops
- Research and assistance regarding requirements and permissions
- Assisting with administrative tasks.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to live on a beautiful Italian island, in a “COVID-free” zone
- Perfect opportunity for your career development
- A truly international, English speaking team
- Experience in working on a real-life farming business
- Implementation and improvement of your skills with instant feedback
- Learning how startups work from the inside
- Learning in a friendly working environment, and overcoming challenges
- The opportunity to grow into a very important role
As financial compensation, we participate with Erasmus internship program, while the accommodation and food will be provided by the company.
All applications must go through the link below: