This internship is open and available every year. Ideally for the summer season (May, June, July & August). But we have work in this department all year round. So just apply. Ideally we are looking for long stay interns over 4 months. Just message with your available dates so we can discuss. FREE English language course included for long stay interns.
Alpha School of English is a well-established EFL school, licensed by Malta’s Ministries of Education and Tourism, approved by the EFL Monitoring Board and accredited by FELTOM. Established in 1991, our English school has welcomed families, juniors and adult students from all over the world to learn the English language in Malta for over twenty years.
We offer year-round internship placements for a minimum duration of 12 weeks. We offer training for office tasks and the opportunity to practise your English. We don’t offer any employment or financial reward for the position but we do offer a 2-week complimentary General English Course. We also offer assistance in booking your accommodation and airport transfers – all at discounted rates.
To work 8 hours per day (flexi-time) between 08.00 a.m. and 17.30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
To assist in the day to day running of the excursions department in this English Language School in Malta.
The department has these primary roles:
- Ensuring the website is up to date using our content management sofware, checking prices and photos etc.
- Dealing with enquiries from our excursions support ticket software.
- Dealing with face-to-face enquiries from students at the school.
- Creating a list of the future bookings so you can preapre activities.
- Preparing group excursion programmes.
- Meeting our students to introduce the activities we offer.
- Ensuring the weekly excursion schedule is available for students.
- Chasing around the school to ensure booked students are attending the excursions.
- Keeping our CRM records up to date.
- Attending the excursion programmes, working with the students, taking excursion bookings and attending some excursion activities.
- Coming up with interesting activities while on excursions.
- Writing up a list of "Things to make this excursion more fun for students!"
- Liasing with suppliers and transport to make sure that they deliver their part, eg to collect the students on time and to not forget them!
- Chasing suppliers for up to date insurance certificates, prices and photos.
- Comunicating with all involved to make sure the activity goes ahead and everyone is happy!
- love meeting new people,
- working with students of all ages,
- can follow a system, and
- are enthusiastic to show our holiday students a good time during their stay in Malta....
You will love working here and in Malta...You'll gain a huge amount of experience working in this department to help with your future career..we are here to support you!
To apply please tell us your interested dates, your level of English (ideally intermediate or above) and send a copy of your internship agreement signed by your school or university.
To participate in our Internship Scheme students must be in full time education and be able to provide the official documentation from your education provider. If you think you qualify for an international graduate internship placement programme, then we would like to hear from you NOW. Information about selection process: Send CV and letter of motivation in English by email to [email protected]@alphaschoolmalta.com