The Young researcher will be involved in the Quantum Technology research activities of Dr Gemma Rius (IMB-CNM-CSIC) in collaboration with Dr Pol Forn-Díaz (IFAE). The candidate will also have the chance to interact with researchers of the national and regional Quantum initiatives that Dr Rius is involved in,
- Quantum Technologies Platform https://qst.csic.es/
- QuantumCAT – Catalonia RIS3
We are making Superconducting Qubit circuits, such as based on Aluminium thin films in coplanar waveguide resonator configuration.
Specifically, the candidate will design and execute the fabrication of the quantum hardware, Qubit chips, using the state-of-the-art Clean Room facilities of the IMB-CNM-CSIC and involve in their characterization in mK conditions.
The research work allows the Young researcher to obtain or apply experience in:
- Hands on experience in Clean Room technique for micro/nanofabrication
- Deposition of nanomaterials and thin film processing,
such as graphene and metals
- Physical-chemical, structural and morphological characterization
e.g. SEM, AFM or Raman spectroscopy
- Electronic and electrical characterization
- Experiments in cryogenic conditions
- Simulations by COMSOL, Sonnet