My English Sister is a language-learning and childcare service based in Lyon. Our mission is to help French kids learn English by providing tuition in a fun, efficient and affordable manner. Our team of experienced teachers and child-minders are called Sisters as that’s exactly what they become, an extended member of the family. They’re not teachers or tutors in the traditional sense, but rather educators and role models in the form of an older sister…or brother!
Our brothers and sisters build real relationships with the children allowing them to feel comfortable, relaxed and open to the idea of learning a new language.
As a teaching and childcare assistant you will spend the majority of your time working directly with French children, introducing them to the English language via a variety of fun, engaging and interactive activities and games. You will be responsible for organising and carrying out the sessions as well as assisting with the development of the tools and materials used. Depending on your experience, you may be asked to train and supervise our team of brothers and sisters.
90% Teaching & Childcare
- weekly childcare & teaching sessions
- taster sessions for new families
- teacher training for new sisters
- group holiday sessions
- online Skype classes
10% Business Management
- advertising and attracting candidates
- evaluating and processing candidates
- Content creation (blogging, videos etc)
- Social Media
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- English (native or perfectly bilingual)
- French (minimum B2, but C1 preferred)
- min 6 months childcare experience
- min 6 months teaching experience
- teaching qualification (e.g. TEFL)
- Attention to detail
- Communication (in person/via phone)
- Time management
01/09/2020 - 06/07/2021
- 80% at the student’s home (anywhere in Lyon)
- 10% remote working (from home)
- 10% at the office (Lyon 69003)
4 weeks holiday (paid)
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Please can you contact us at this address [email protected] and include:
- your CV
- why you think you would be a good fit for our team, and;
- a 500 word paragraph describing what it takes to effectively teach a child a second foreign language
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions regarding opportunity.