About Bantani Education:
Bantani works in the lifelong learning field, supporting the development of skills and a mindset associated with entrepreneurship. We are a Belgian non-profit, which works across the globe. We work on changing the education field to infuse entrepreneurial skills such as creativity and vision, spotting opportunities, problem solving. We aim to do the same with trainees joining us. In addition to work, we have developed a tailor-made training programme to ensure that our interns learn transversal skills and are set up to take them forward into new roles by having them captured in a digital learning journey. Working primarily within EU level, we contribute to thinking and development on entrepreneurial learning and education and economic development policy by:
- Sharing information and expertise through networks, presentations and conferences
- Building communities of practice in the area of entrepreneurial learning
- Advising organisations and governments on entrepreneurial learning
- Exploring new ideas through our research into entrepreneurial learning
- Developing online learning
- Creating new and innovative collaborative projects involving different partners from across Europe
We are an international, small but dynamic team that works in English, based in different locations across Europe (main office in Tervuren near Brussels) and working with a wider range of associates and partners around the world . Our current projects include
- EntreComp Europe - policy level testing of the EntreComp model across youth-work, education, employment and enterprise
- EntreCompEdu – A project developing an entrepreneurial skills framework for educators
- CRADLE – Designing a teaching methodology that fosters entrepreneurial and language skills in primary school pupils
- EntreComp360 - building a global community of practice to network and share learning between practitioners and organisations inspired by or using EntreComp
Working with us:
We are not looking for a candidate within a specific degree programme, but a growth mindset. What is a growth mindset? Having growth mindset mean willingness and motivation and wanting to grow through effort. The values we look for include
- Courage because to tackle global challenges, we must innovate and take smart risks
- Collaboration because when we work together and with external partners, we can overcome even the largest problems\
This internship role is suitable for candidates who are interested in education, lifelong learning, project development and management, and advocacy work.
A knowledge of digital communication and design tools is necessary, because you would be involved in web and social media design/development. We require a background in developing content for social media, writing press articles and drafting documents in fluent English (in this role, these documents would include case studies of education practices, overviews of new tools available for education or profiles of organisations working in the field). The ability to undertake detailed web-based research is also essential.
We also run multiple policy and practice events during the year and can offer event planning and management experience to the right candidate.
We can offer you diverse and in-depth engagement across our EU policy and projects activities, where you can build a strong portfolio of experience and skills. A digital training plan would be designed to maximise the alignment between the work you undertake at Bantani with your skill-set, areas of interest and ambition - we want to help you progress in your career ambitions.
This would be a 6-9 month Erasmus+ internship - flexible start and end date for the right candidate and an option to extend. We are based in Tervuren, a beautiful suburb of Brussels which is fully accessible by public transport. Some EU travel will be requires. The contract will ideally start in April/May 2020.