Sani Konukoglu Hospital Department of Internal Medicine was established in 1996. Department of Internal medicine has rendered to service people of Gaziantep and nearby cities. In this section there are 5 departments which are Internal Medicine, Hematology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, and Gastroenterology. There are totally 64 inpatient rooms allocated for patients in all departments. Practices which are carried out include; dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal transplantation (25 in a one year), renal and hepatic biopsies, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy procedures, therapeutic apheresis, bone marrow transplantation (after 6 months), thyroid biopsy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, rectoscopy, chemotherapy, flow cytometry and the other laboratory tests. About 41.000 patients visited our policlinics for examination and 2500 were hospitalized in the last year.
The academicians, specialists, nurses and other personnel work 24 hour with a strong team spirit without compromising principles of their departments and respect for individuals.
- Internship details for Department of Internal Medicine:
- Students in the 4th and 6th years of Medicine programs are accepted to study for 2 months.
- Students take rotations in Hematology Clinic, Nephrology Clinic and Endocrinology Clinic.
- They are required to work 5 days a week.
- The medium of instruction is English.