Gain experience in the tourism industry and business management; have the chance to experience all stages of the development and management processes; travel Europe and meet international, like-minded students; improve self-confidence and customer skills through constant interaction with customers in an autonomous environment on trips; improve language skills, whether in English, German or other European languages; learn social media marketing, marketing and communication skills.
Are you a travel enthusiast and want to gain invaluable experience in the tourism industry? Or do you want to learn more about every stage of business management? And would you like to improve your language skills through daily use of German and English (and other languages), as well as have the chance to travel around Europe? Studifahrten is offering an internship position in our international team. We are a small and friendly team, and you would have the chance to gain experience in all stages of our business process, from the development of new trips, to the logistical organisation of trips; from customer relations to social media marketing of trips.
The intern would be involved in the following activities:
1) Trips around Europe Main person responsible for customers on trip, working as the team leader, overseeing the running of the trip (goes on trips with customers).
2) Social Media Marketing Individually create and post to Facebook and Instagram (daily task) to advertise new trips and help drive user interaction and engagement; opportunity to analyse social media interactions and develop strategies; take photos while on trips to post to social media; edit and enhance photos & videos to share; creation of bi-monthly newsletter.
3) Trip Management & Organisation Contacting hotels, excursion operators, guides, bus operators and other partners as part of trip organisation (use of other languages possible here as the operators are often in country); daily management of customer bookings and reservation lists;social media posts based on trips sales; writing trip descriptions for our website and facebook; changing prices and departure cities for different trips on our system; opportunity to suggest new trips as part of trip development meetings, and/or new excursions for trips; updating of city brochures and maps, including writing informative touristic guides.
4) Customer Relations Management Answering phone calls from customers and using our online system to answer their questions; replying to email and facebook messages from customers (daily); dealing with complaints and more serious customer relations issues with help from manager; giving feedback to management team about how trips went, what worked well, what did not etc; helping customers with cancellations and/or ticket changes.
5) Marketing & Advertising Meetings with management team to think about new marketing strategies, chance here to contribute own views and experiences; then carrying out these new marketing strategies (autonomously with regular update meetings with management); researching new streams of advertising or marketing.
- Be a teamer and lead our trips around Europe
- Use social media marketing to drive traffic to our website and boost sales
- Create, edit and post creative content and images to our social media accounts to help drive user interaction and engagement
- Work closely with customers to assist them with bookings, and in the post-booking stage
- Assist with the designing of new trips to new destinations
- Assist with trip management of bookings, vouchers and customer details
- Develop and perform new marketing strategies to help drive user interaction and engagement
- Eligible to get an Erasmus Grant for Internship for sure ( must )
- University student studying a BA/Masters degree in languages, international business, marketing, tourism or a related subject ( required )
- English language ability C1 or higher ( required )
- Enrolled as a student for the entire duration of the internship ( required )
- French, Spanish and/or Italian language ability is always a plus
- Good/Excellent communication skills - Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good inter-personal skills and/or customers relations experience
- Leadership abilities
- Flexible and willing to adapt to different contexts and to take on a variety of tasks
- Basic knowledge of social media channels, Microsoft Office/Google and e-mail marketing platforms.
The financial compensation for this Internship is 200 € plus the Erasmus Grant. If you are not able to get an Erasmus Grant please reconsider applying for the position.
Please include the time interval you want to join the team in your application.
Send us your application, including a CV, cover letter and a picture only by e-mail to:
[email protected] (Mr. Onur Ögül)