Teach German in a school in Spain. Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
This Spanish immersion program will allow you to become fluent in Spanish, which is spoken in 22 countries around the world. You will find yourself accepted into a welcoming culture and will enjoy an easygoing lifestyle, with plenty of opportunities to travel and explore what this rich country has to offer. With more than 40 Unesco World Heritage Sites, Spain will be a unique place to grow culturally and globally.
What would you do at school?
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. Their tasks include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping with other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning your own lessons.
Main Perks of the Programme
- Placements for recent university graduates (after 2016) in more than 200 schools all over Spain
- Teach between 20-25 hours per week
- Monthly grant: €880-1,100 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
- Two lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
- Certified TEFL course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
- Spanish public healthcare coverage
- Spanish is not required
- Help opening a bank account
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- No fees attached