Erasmus Work Placement Offer in
Research Center for Modern Turkish Studies Istanbul Şehir University
The Center for Modern Turkish Studies has a temporary vacancy for an Assistant Administrative Officer. Your role is to support the Vice-Director of the Center in providing guidance to future students and activities providing by the Center
Being an intern is a great way to impress employers and provides you excellent working experience in an office environment. Besides professional skills you will gain through this experience, you will also have advantages, such as
- Erasmus mobility grant provided by your home institution
- İstanbul Şehir University ID
- Unlimited access to the Library
- Shared office with fully equipped desk (phone, stationery, etc)
- computer/IT support
- Turkish Language Course (optional)
- Last but not least, ECTS credits, which can be transferred to your home university.
Please find below the description of the duties and responsibilities of your future internship.
The Center for Modern Turkish Studies is looking for an Assistant Administrative Officer for a fixed period starting a.s.a.p. and long term internee preferred.
Location: İstanbul, Dragos
Function types: Support staff (Clerical, Administrative, Facility)
About employer Istanbul Şehir University Center for Modern Turkish Studies
İstanbul Şehir University (ŞEHİR) is a non-profit, state-recognized higher education institution established by the Foundation for Sciences and Arts (Bilim ve Sanat Vakfı / BSV) in 2008. Its founder BSV is a renowned NGO functioning for more than 30 years in the field of social sciences, organizing many international and national academic activities and free seminars in related areas. İstanbul Şehir University is a leading university, making Turkey a center for attraction in the field of education both in its region and in the World. Within this context, the University has taken important steps in internationalization and created a multi-cultural atmosphere embracing the differences. As of 2018 – 2019 Academic Year, the university has more than 1100 international students from 88 different countries and a wide range of student exchange programs in partner universities and placement opportunities abroad.
University campus located in Dragos, Kartal. Being one of the largest and most eco-friendly campuses around Turkey, Dragos Campus is located right across the sea and the Princes’ Islands and sea routes within walking distance. Dragos Campus is equipped with its state-of-art-technology classrooms and laboratories, rich library collections, high-capacity dormitories, sports facilities, various cafeterias-restaurants, and alternative areas for socializing and studying. Further info can be reached at www.sehir.edu.tr
The Center for Modern Turkish Studies, CEMTS, supports original and top-notch research on TURKEY within the context of the Social Sciences and Humanities contributing to the creation of knowledge concerning the last two centuries. One major goal of CEMTS is to function as an independent resource center and a center of excellence meeting the growing needs for a credible, visible, and leading-edge academic voices regarding Turkish studies. Since CEMTS was founded in 2011, it has become a center of attraction for international researchers and scholars from different disciplines specializing about Turkey.
CEMTS has been engaged in organizing international academic meetings, conferences, workshops, and solo talks on critical issues concerning Turkey. Eminent national and international scholars, noted public figures, prominent policymakers, and parliamentarians have been frequent participants in CEMTS’ academic activities.
Short link http://cemts.sehir.edu.tr
Duration: Long term internship preferred
Tasks will be carried out by the trainee as followings:
- Provide assistance to faculty members or staff with the field research
- Help to develop the Center’s programs teaching materials such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites
- Assist academic activities organized by the university and the Center
- Assist director of the research center
- Provide assistance in updating the Center web site
- Various administrative duties;
- Graduate (MA and Ph.D.) students
- Excellent communication and computer skills;
- Excellent writing and comprehension skills in English - competent in MS Office programs.
- (Very good English language skills (If any IELTS/6,5, TOEFL/80 scores or C1 level, is an advantage)
- Highly organized, accurate and structured way of working;
- Proactive and independent working style;
- Have expertise with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube;
- Self-starter, positive attitude, flexible, team player
- Interested in working in an international environment
Conditions of employment
We offer a position in an international and dynamic work environment. 1/3 of the university student body is international coming from 88 countries.
General knowledge and understanding of Turkey’s policies, Turkey’s institutions and Turkish studies.
Liaison Officer, Research Assistant
Center for Modern Turkish Studies
Istanbul Şehir University
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (+ 9) 0 216 559 90 70