Non-paid Internship – Video, Multimedia and Graphic Design
Full Time, 6-12 months.
Language:English – high level of fluency and communication is essential.
Financial Compensation:No financial compensation, a grant/sponsorship is required.
All candidates must be attending a higher education course where internship/placement is requisite for course qualification. A scholarship or grant programme must be in place for the required internship from a relevant programme such as Erasmus, Comenius, Youth in Action or European Community Leonardo da Vinci.
Storm-7 Consulting Limited (Internship located at Halifax Sales and Marketing Office).
We are a financial consultancy company that provides cutting edge financial intelligence and knowledge to leading financial institutions around the world. We deliver premium quality conferences and events on cutting-edge legal and financial issues, and strive to provide access to crucial insight by leading experts on the latest complex regulatory developments.
Internship Role Coverage:
- Video and Media Graphic Design Activities relevant to marketing and administration of Company Products and Services.
All candidates must have intermediate to advanced skills in multiple IT application packages and should be experienced or advanced in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative - Photoshop Suite, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Creation of video, animation, multimedia and graphics for company marketing activities.
- Creation of graphics and design layouts for sales and marketing campaigns, print and online ads, flyers, email HTMLs, newsletters, website design and updates, blog, and social media accounts.
- Design multimedia effects and titles for interactive video content, motion graphics, and presentation materials.
- Organize, catalog, and maintain various video graphic assets, media elements, and style guides.
- Coordinate efficient and effective working relationships with internal teams.
- Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with graphic design solutions.
- Application of design theory to marketing campaigns and advanced techniques for software ranging from Adobe Illustrator to Captivate to make pixel perfect illustrations and eLearning software.
- Incorporate best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for mobile formats.
- Application of varying software techniques to support and innovate new product lines and events.
- Support of sales and marketing through content and graphic design creation.
- Design and creation of company videos and ‘shorts’ to support events, products and social events.
- Marketing, multi channels, across different digital medium.
- Business Development and LinkedIn Networking materials.
- Social Media Platform material creation.
- Promotion and Publicity Materials.
- Event Materials.
Training and Development Opportunities:
- Ongoing development of digital media and graphic design skills.
- Learning new software/applications.
- Creation of new and innovative platforms/company material.
- Understanding of industry and regulatory areas.
- In depth understanding and development of marketing and sales channels.
- Marketing techniques.
- Superior organisational and logistical training.
- Experience creating videos and graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts.
- Comfortable working across different applications/software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals.
- Previous experience/awareness across eLearning software creation.
- Confident on HTML template creation and revision.
Ideal characteristics for role:
- Demonstrates our values in daily work ethic - professional, committed, dependable and intuitive.
- Excellent communication skills and personal qualities: persuasive, self-motivated and target driven.
- Experience and knowledge of graphic design, media and communications.
- Experience of interactive production design, and/or digital media.
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, and other up-to-date design tools and suites.
- Experience using motion graphics software, e.g. Adobe after effects, Apple motion, Maxon 4D, etc.
- Experience using content management systems.
- An inquisitive global outlook and self-awareness.
- High quality, detail-specific written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proactive, curious and innovative in all areas.
- Must be able to maintain project confidentiality.
- Understanding of Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Apple Motion, and other AV applications required.
- Basic familiarity with print design, formats, animation, typography and production.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, strong commercial acumen and a flair for problem solving.
- Strongly self-motivated, confident, articulate and willing to take on new challenges to completion.
- Good communication skills.
- Needs to be confident and looking to develop an assertive approach.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Fast pace and quick thinking required, as well as problem-solving. Successful candidate must have effective use of own initiative, and excel in communication and organisation.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA PRIOR TO APPLICATION:
- AN INTERNSHIP IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE AND PERFORM WITHIN A JOB ROLE/FUNCTION WITHIN AN OPERATING COMPANY (IT IS NOT A TRAINING PROGRAMME).
- YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK EFFICIENTLY WITH ALL BASIC OFFICE ENVIRONMENT OPERATIONS AND PROCESSES, I.E. OFFICE BUSINESS APPLICATIONS, EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA PLATFORMS ETC.
- YOU MUST TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE AT A FLUENT LEVEL (MINIMUM C2 LEVEL). THIS ROLE IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRACTICE BASIC ENGLISH, BUT AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS FLUENCY.
- THIS INTERNSHIP IS UNPAID AND YOU WILL NEED TO SECURE AN ERASMUS GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
- THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT THE HALIFAX SALES AND MARKETING OFFICE IN UK.
- THIS ROLE IS IN HIGH DEMAND, SO YOU WILL BE TESTED AT THE END OF THE FIRST MONTH TO CONFIRM WHETHER YOU ARE AT A STANDARD TO PROCEED, AND RECEIVE ADVANCED IMPROVEMENT COACHING.
- WE SUPPORT, PROVIDE FOCUS AND ENHANCE HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND SELF-DRIVEN INDIVIDUALS TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE. THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE PROVIDED WITH SOLID INDUSTRY AND COMMERCIAL AWARENESS, AND ADVANCED PREPARATION FOR HIGHER LEVEL ROLES.
- THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE OTHER AVERAGE OFFICE EXPERIENCES. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROACTIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO ALL OFFICE EFFICIENCES AND COMPANY GOALS.
ONLY SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IF YOUR ATTRIBUTES MATCH THE REQUISITE CRITERIA.