WORDPRESS CONTENT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - PORTAL ON CULTURAL HERITAGE AND CRAFTS RELATED PROFESSIONS
Our mission: enhance European Cultural Heritage professions as an asset for European social cohesion, economic development, and cultural identity.
Tel: +32 475 83 74 88
Internship available for 4 months minimum
Company short introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company based in Brussels supporting European professions in cultural Heritage (restoration-conservation, fine and traditional crafts) as an asset for European Economy, Culture and Identity and sustainability. Our aim is to use innovative tools and solutions to bring growth to craftsprofessionals, create awareness about crafts professions and to position them as a valid option and business opportunity for next generations. Our main actions are:
- Connect European professionals in fine/traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals.
- Raise awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy, and society.
- Enhance sustainable values embedded by crafts professions.
- Support transmission of know-how, capacity building and mobility in the sector.
- Develop a large network of collaborations with other European stakeholders (Historic Houses associations, Foundations, Architects, members of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Heritage Alliance 3.3, European Commission) to develop synergies, merge resources and get funding.
The portal Madineurope.eu gathers more than 1500 members who all have an admin access to administrate their own profile and to feed other sections of the portal (agenda, interviews…).
The intern will contribute to keep the content of the portal Madineurope up-to-date by adding articles on cultural heritage topics and specific crafts professions, with interviews of craftspeople and of other stakeholders of the sector. He/she will add images, videos, texts, and work on the optimization of search engine. He/she will interact with social networks to drive traffic to the site and analyse reports on Google analytics and participate to improve the visibility of all actions run by Mad’in Europe .
The intern should be able to write in English, or French, or Italian or Spanish and possibly translate into one or more of these languages.
He/she will be required to have good knowledge of WordPress, HTML (PHP welcome) and demonstrate interest for Cultural Heritage and craftsmanship. Creativity and curiosity are also very appreciated.
The company location is Brussels. Mad’in Europe cannot pay for internships. Therefore, for non-remote internship, when possible, students are invited to apply for Erasmus + programs to cover their mobility fees.
Description of the tasks in which interns will be involved.
One of the objectives of Mad’in Europe is to create awareness about crafts profession among the public with a special focus on young generations. The intern will be involved in the following actions:
- Keep the portal up-to-date, add keywords, posts, images, videos and any other relevant content
- Interact with members to assist them in updating their profiles (create tutorials, etc…)
- Check Analytics reports, track traffic improvement, and set up scripts to improve traffic on the site
- Interact with Socials
- Participate in building an effective communication strategy with the other members of the team.
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
- WordPress, HTML, PHP
- Google Analytics
- Interest for the cultural Heritage / craftsmanship sector.
- Very good writing skills.
- Excellent mastering of English (C1 – C2) and at least one of the following languages French/Spanish/Italian (being native speaker would be an asset);
- Skills in communication, marketing & media.
- Autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives and milestones according to his/her capacities, and to company priorities.