Who we are
The World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) is a non-profit association that aims to promote the role of wholesale markets in ensuring food security and healthy diets. WUWM is a unique platform that gathers more than 217 wholesale markets around the world with the aim to empower the transition to a healthy, inclusive, and sustainable fresh food industry.
We pursue sustainability, accessibility to healthy diets and the enhancing of small and medium producers’ access to the market through the reinforcement of the wholesale sector’s role on the food chain.
WUWM also seeks to improve the industry’s overall knowledge of these aims. We work hand in hand with local authorities and international organizations (FAO, WHO, …) and international NGOs promoting fresh food, healthy diets, inclusiveness, sustainability, accessibility, and gastronomy as an intangible heritage of humanity.
What we are looking for
We are seeking for someone skilled and interested in graphic designing. The intern will design promotional material and publications for WUWM’s (brochures, monthly newsletter,etc..) for the outlet channels (social media, newsletter, brochures, etc.) and events (conferences, campaigns). By doing so, WUWM will increase its presence in the international community and food industry.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design brochures for WUWMs (publications, data, outreach materials)
- Design original daily content to keep WUWM’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) active.
- Design graphic content for WUWM’s monthly newsletter
- Develop visual assets (such as quote cards, didactic videos, GIFs, etc.)
- Create infographics, banners, posters
- Design new communication material (brochures, letters, etc.)
The intern must be enrolled in/or recently completed a degree in graphic designing, media studies, communications, or journalism
Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English is required;
Proficiency in graphic designing and media.
- Graphic designing (including with relevant software. Like adobe photoshop or similar)
- Adobe and Canvas
- Photoshop and Video Editing will be an asset (apps)
- Coping with multiple tasks
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding food and sustainability issues
- Effective communication
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
Contract length: 5-6 months (Starting in March 2021)
Job Types: Full-time, Internship. Paid 400 euros per month
Interested or do you have any questions?
Please send your curriculum vitae, portfolio or example of past works, cover letter, and/or remaining questions to [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you!