İnternships in Tourism and Hospitality
General information Duration: 3-9 months Commitment: Full-time Length of Internship: Minimal internship is 2 months, however can be extended up to 8-9 months depending upon learning Agreement of university or VEt schools Description: The Hotel practical training internship is based next to the beach in Antalya ,Turkey, one of the most beautiful tourism center in Turkey. The hotel companies are an entrepreneurial big business managing 1500+ rooms during the summer season. Hotel management is implemented paying attention to individual personalities and 'working teams' incorporating them into this fun and unique international environment. The practical training / internship includes hands-on experience working all-round level and hotel tasks, at hotel departments such as Food and Beverage, Guest relations, Reception, Reservations, Sales and Marketing and Management.
During the Summer season and between the months of April ,May, June July August September ,October the internship jobs involve the following:
• Front Of House & Marketing (25% approx) - (Online Social Media Marketing, Reception, Guest Relations) - Working in shifts based on eight hours per day; Those can be day, evening, night, continuous or split shifts. Tasks include: Online Social Media Marketing - Facebook promotions, marketing and updates; replies to guest reviews channels, likle tripadvisor etc; Guest relations - dealing with international hotel guests; Reception desk tasks working as receptionist; Reservations - assisting with reservations through various reservations online channels.
• Food and Beverage (50% of time approx) - (Breakfast room & Bar) - Working in shifts involving all round jobs such as waitressing, food preparation and assistance, serving and cleaning tables, bar assistance and relevant food and beverage jobs.
• Management and Sales (25% approx) - depending on individual capabilities; Project Management : Management reports into Tourism, Personal development projects, Market research and Sales; learning how a hotel is managed; learning about entrepreneurism; see first-hand how a hotel operates and managed.
During the Spring and Autumn season tasks are mainly geared towards Sales and Online Marketing and Social Media Online Projects.
The internship is valid for a period from three (2) to six (6) months depending on individual circumnstances.
• Working hours: 45 hours per week. And one day off per week . • Accommodation: Free shared staff accommodation provided. • Food : Free Breakfast ,Lunch and Dinner included
Finance: Applicants are encouraged to apply for European financial support such as Erasmus or University support and any other means for private funding for this work practice.
No transportation costs to and from work.
You are studying Business, Hospitality, Tourism, or Leisure studies. You are young, enthusiastic and want to spent quality time during practical training combining work placement with pleasure under the sun, next to the sea on a beautiful city After this experience you are hoping to become either a Hotel Manager or run a cafe or become a Marketing executive or to have the basics into running your own business ( like we do:) ) one day!
• 17 years old and above • EUROPEAN school and EUROPEAN Passport Holders OR student working VISA D.4.3 for non-European (Russian speakers ) • Language skills - English Essential/Any second language required Russian and/or Italian. Dutch,German,French • Educational background in Business, Tourism, Hotel, Management, Marketing • University and work references • Adaptive to the new cultures • Open, friendly, flexible attitude
Compensation: No financial compensation The health insurance of the interns will be made by themselves.
What we offer:
• Friendly and international environment valorizing sense of initiative and creativity • If required, assisting you with relocation in Turkey • Workplan • Final report • Provision of documents such as the Euro Pass, evaluation of job performance, certificates of participation in training • Constant monitoring of activities with weekly reports • Provides documents certifying the Internship Training, evaluation of job performance and a letter of recommendation from a tutor