Development of apps, software, scripts, websites
As a Web Developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a website according to a company's specifications. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary.
A Web Developer must have experience in the planning and the delivery of web applications across multiple platforms. A typical Web Developer job description should cover:
- Writing efficient code
- Creating websites/a website using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the website
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built
- Managing a team might also be part of the job role
Web Developer job qualifications and requirements
Although there are no formal educational requirements to become a Web Developer, experience in the field will be expected. Knowledge in the following is a requirement:
- Server architecture
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and Oracle
We are a software provider with 9 years of experience. We have exciting plans to expand our portfolio of solutions and are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Support the development of a SaaS product called Jaxber
- Follow agile and TDD methodology
- Deliver high-quality website and web app code that is maintainable and readable
- Work on the front end, back end, database and API orchestration
- Contribute to Scrum meetings, including sprint planning, sprint review and daily stand-ups
To be considered as a Full Stack Developer for our needs, you will need experience of the following:
- PhoneGap OR React Native OR Flutter
As you will be cooperating with a developer team, good communications skills, both written and verbal, are needed. Note: other organisations may call this role Web Developer, Full Stack Web Developer, Web App Developer, Application Developer, Developer, or Programmer.
Start Date: Always available
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
The quantity and type of activities performed by each intern will depend on his/her interests, knowledge, performance, experience and attitude. We try to involve our interns in as many activities as possible and give him/her increased responsibilities according to his/her performance and achievements.
- Development including front and back-end coding of Desktop and Web Applications.
- Design e-learning platform
- Analysis of project: Software design and functional enhancements based on the company’s needs
- Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic
- Write, design or edit web page content or direct others producing content
- Optimize the WordPress Database
- Use innovative ICT tool
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to assist your personal learning goals
- The opportunity to work in a motivated workspace with an international environment.
Assistance before your arrival:
- Organization and preparation of individual workplan
- Finding accommodations shared with other students
- Organization flight and transport to arrive directly in your Italian home!
During your Experience:
- Workplan activities
- Tutoring and monitoring
- Weekly staff meeting
- Work Schedule: 30 hours per week from Monday to Thursday. Friday is free!
- Training activities: staff and students share knowledge and skills
- Evaluation performance, certificates of participation, letter of recommendation
- Italian Language Course till you will leave just for 30€ (participation it’s not mandatory)
EXTRA activities for free:
- Cultural Experience in Italian Culture
- Excursion with students and staff (we offer transportation: tickets and food are not included)
- Guided tours in Local Companies
- Business dinner
First of all: You and Your Experience!
If you are looking to find a traineeship experience in Italy, we can help you to get the best opportunity for you! Before starting all the necessary practices for your internship, you need to speak to understand what are:
- your needs
- what do you want to learn
- what we can do together
- when you can start your internship
If you arrived on this line, book your interview!
The projects of BPNXT orbit around spatial, interactive and transdisciplinary media design applications. We are looking for interns who are interested in interaction design, interface design, game design, creative coding, temporary architecture, physical computing, generative design or tools like Houdini, Touch Designer, Vuforia, Unity, Cinema 4D and Processing or Grashopper / Rhino. Please add your Portfolio to the application and fill out following form. https://forms.gle/KE1Sk4mHxjhsnJGVA
Financial compensation depending on experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive Software Developer, interested in Quality Assurance and testing, to gain practical experience within this highly successful host company who provide unique digital business solutions. Mentored throughout by experienced engineers, you will not only be using your existing skills but have every opportunity to learn new software and processes, making this a great addition to your CV and a real boost to your career prospects.
Are you a registered student? Or Are you eligible to participate in the Erasmus+ programme?
See website for details of all ESPA benefits. For all internships over 6 months, additional benefits will be paid. Details available at interview.
- Work together with developers to understand the capabilities of features they are building
- Help to write test cases for features under development
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover unknown defects and regressions
- Help grow and maintain company’s suite of automated user tests
- Contribute to a variety of projects and problems
- Background in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with manually testing software, writing test-cases and/or exploratory testing
- Understanding of HTTP and calling REST services
- Knowledge or awareness of using HTML markup and styling with CSS
This highly successful host company specializes in providing Digital Business platforms to organisations throughout the world. They connect people, content and processes, enabling seamless efficiency, decision making and productivity. This cloud based product has experienced explosive growth and the company are now doubling their investment to take the business to the next level. There are plenty of opportunities to impress and be part of their success story.